Earn it before you wear it rule

 I walked down to my mail and opened the lid. Inside, I could see a package. Suddenly, the thought race across my mind that I had ordered something and forgot that I ordered it. No, this could not be the case, at least I was hoping that it wasn't the case. 

I pulled it out and looked at the return address. Vagabond Endurance had sent it. I carefully squeezed the package gently. Whatever it was, it was soft. Shaking it didn't yield any additional clues.

I opened it and pulled out a shirt. The shirt was for their Unico race which I signed up to run in December of this year. However, this was like 6 months away. I hardly expected to be getting swag in July for a race that far in the future. 

I took a picture of the shirt and posted it to Facebook thanking the Vagabond guys for it. I shared that the swag came far in advance of the race so should I wear it before I earned. I got differing opinions. 

And by this, I mean; should I wear shirt for a race that I have not run yet. As I thought more about it, I couldn't remember ever encountering this situation. Getting a shirt mailed to me after the fact has been more common. 

I decided that it was okay to wear it. If someone ask me about it, I have an interesting story to tell them. Additionally, I am a walking bill board for their race. More people running means a successful race which means more trail races to run. This is a win-win in my opinion.

To check out their Unico races follow this link - https://www.ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=85752.

To check out their website follow this link - https://vagabondendurance.com/race-schedule/


Cool Down Runner Adventures







Comments

Popular Posts