Long Creek Greenway - Coming Soon

 For years, I have heard rumor, and I have seen advertisements of a greenway coming to the north side of Charlotte. I had pretty given up hope that I would see it in my life time. With this pandemic hitting, I was pretty sure that this would have tabled any thoughts on it for at least another 20 to 30 years. After all, money is tight everywhere these days. 

That changed a few days ago. 

A notice from the Parks & Rec department arrived in my mailbox. On the front side of the post card was a picture of our area with the trail map marked out. On the backside was information about the Long Creek greenway backing up to our neighborhood. The phase one section would create about 2+ miles of greenway. A second phase would extend the greenway out to Oakdale road totally out at around 4 miles. 

The targeted open date was spring of 2022. 

Still, with all this information in hand was not convinced. 

However, in the last week I have seen equipment being moved in and survey markers popping up. So seeing is believing. 

I cannot wait for it to be finished. I long for the days when I can run and never have to cross paths with cars. I suspect that this has a lot to do with my love for trail running. No cars allowed. 

For now, all I can do is watch and salivate for what is coming. 

The Cool Down Runner  

Comments

Popular Posts