Dog days of Summer

August usually brings on the dog days of summer. However, I have to say that so far, I am enjoying the temporary reprieve from the hot and humid weather. Even if it is only for the last couple days. 

This morning, I rolled out early for 10 miles, and my legs loved the mid 70s and low humidity. Personally, I like the fact that I didn't finish my run dripping with sweat. 

This will be a short post, but wanted to mention one other thing. 

I was cruising long the trails on Sunday. I was dipping down along this creek and started to cross this muddy section. Without thinking about where I was stepping, I planted my foot. Or let's say that I attempted to plant my foot. 

What looked looked like solid dirt was nothing more than slippy mud. Before I knew it, I was laying on the ground covered in thick river mud. I was a mess. Nothing was hurt since I was little covered in mud. I pushed myself on to my knees, and then on to my feet. All I could do is smile and let out a little laugh at myself. 

For the next two miles, I felt like I was leaving a trail of mud behind me. Just one of the things that just helped make the day a little bit more special. 

So how was your day? 


The Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts