Evening trail runs

Work has been the uptick recently so I have had to push my morning runs to the evening. This past week, I decided to venture out to the trails for a couple evening 10 milers. 

Hot probably does not begin to describe how I felt starting out. Before my Garmin flashed 1 mile down, sweat was dripping from the front of the bill on my cap. 

On the bright side, the trails were quiet. I mean really quiet. Across both runs, I only encountered one Mt. biker. I have to say that I like it this way. I just get to float along on the trails, think about my day, and enjoy the opportunity to be outside. 

For the first 40 minutes or so, my legs feel rather lethargic. 

As if on cue, the sun dips down lower in the sky, the wind picks up, and the temperature retreats down the thermometer. Weight of the heat slowing me down slowly disappears, and both legs actually feel like running. Maybe running a little harder. 

I bounce along the Lake Loop and then around the channel to my favorite finishing spot. 

Another couple of runs are in the books. 


The Cool Down Runner



Comments

Popular Posts