Tread Brightly 4 Miler

 I felt like I had barely closed my eyes before my alarm was going off. I had to be back at the WWC for the Tread Brightly or in my case barely dawn 4 miler before 7 AM. 

As with the night before the 1/2 marathoners headed off first. Then, our 4 miler race started. I warmed up with a few miles. While swollen, my ankle wasn't hurting. At least, there was no pain yet. I pushed off the starting line and waited to see what type of pain signals were going to reach my brain. Mainly, I only felt something when my foot got really flexed to the outside. 

I passed a couple of guys and was running with this young kid. We worked our way over the last half of the course. Then, he put this strong move on me at the hill over by the parking lot. I didn't have a gear to match his effort. He gapped me by a few yards and held this to the finish. 

I finished 3 overall in 33:27. This was faster than last night. Luckily, my ankle held up way better than I expected. Yes, my ankle was pretty swollen but there was very little pain. I am not sure what to read in to this. From a runner's perspective, if it doesn't hurt, then running is okay to do. Right? 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts