Fit 2 Fly 5k

 Another of my bucket list items got checked with the Fit 2 Fly 5k. Having never ran on an airport runway, I thought that this would be a great opportunity. 

We started on the taxi way in front of the terminal, and we ran to one end of the runway, turned on to the main runway and ran to the other end and back. I got in with a group of several young guys. They were locked on a steady pace, and I just focused on hanging with them.

I do have to say that it is a little strange seeing the entire course before a race, and then while out on the course, looking at how far I had to run to the turn around. Running really hard, it seems like a long ways. 

I was doing well hanging with these guys until we got back to the taxi and with the finish line in sight, they took it up another gear that I just didn't have. 

Still, I was very happy with my finish. I pushed under 19 minutes for the first time this year with an 18:45 time. I did it without doing any speed work. I have just been running distance and racing quite often. 

This is a race that I definitely want to put back on my schedule for next year. 

Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts