Yeti 50 Miler

This morning, I was setting at my desk thinking about the Black Canyon 100k race in February. I reached across my desk and picked up my Magic 8 Ball setting on the corner. I gave it a good shake and asked it if I was going to be able to do this race. Time seemed to drag on as the shape with the writing on it came in to view - "Unknown". Ugh, I could already knew this so my Magic 8 Ball is literally no help.  

When I signed up for the Black Canyon 100k, I was really hoping that I might get to do this race. I have always wanted to run a race out west. But with each passing day, this seems less and less likely. The race hasn't been out right canceled. From the website, they are in discussions with the local health authorities. It may occur but just at a greatly reduced capacity. Of course, even if they have the race, getting out west presents its own logical challenges beyond what is considered normal. I am undecided if I would get the email saying that I am in that I will actually commit to it. 

So I decided to have a back up plan. While browsing Ultra Signup, I saw the Yeti 50 miler in June. Hopefully, the world will look a bit better in 6 months so I signed up on a hope and a prey. Getting to the Virginia Creeper trail at least presents less of a logically travel challenge. Plus, I have been on this trail before and loved it. 

But who really knows what the world will look like in 6 months. All we can do is hope that it is better than it is today. 


The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts