Maybe later

 So I got an email from Jubilee Paige the race director talking about the Black Canyon Ultra. The race is less than 6 weeks away, and they didn't have any definitive answers. They did go in to great detail about their safety protocols for their races. I read through by their email and website information several times. Nothing that I read made me question the seriousness of their efforts in keeping us runners safe. But that safety comes with a lot more logistical challenges. Ending with me getting my temperature checked before getting in to the starting corral.

The more that I thought about it the less that I found myself wanting to do this race. At least, I didn't want to do it this coming year. Maybe I will sign up for their '22 edition. There were just to many ways that it could go wrong. 

So, I went in to Ultra Signup and removed myself from the waitlist. I don't think that I have ever done this for a race before. 

Obviously, I am disappointed. I thought that this race would be a great adventure. I really wanted to do it. But in some ways, it is also a relief to not have to think through the remediations for every possible circumstances that might come up. Plus, softening my disappointment is the fact that I already had a plan "b" in the works. Sometimes, the timing just isn't right. 

We all have to adapt to the ever changing times. 


The Cool Down Runner

  

Comments

Popular Posts