WWC Memorial Day 3 Mi

 I am tardy with my Memorial Day post about this race. I don't really have a good reason other than, I have just been lazy about getting this done. 

Still, I feel the need to get it posted so here I am. 

The WWC held 3 different race all on the same day and at the same time. I opted for the 3-mile race. The Academy Trail and I have not been getting along all that well. Seems like every time that I run it, I ended hitting the ground. 

So, the 3-mile course took us down to the South Main trail. I like running down by the river. Sometimes, there is a nice cool breeze blowing which just make my run feel all the better. 

The trail was muddy in places from the recent bouts of rain passing over Charlotte. By the time that I was down along the river, I had settled into 6th overall. Things were pretty quiet until I got back near the parking lot. I was running down this kid, but he just had more turnover coming to the line. 

I was pretty happy with my effort. I hadn't raced in nearly a month so just blowing out the dust and feeling the lure of running hard felt awesome. 

I scored a win my age group which added to my WWC hat collection. Yes, I am building quite a collection. 

I ran 22:32 for what my Garmin said was 2.92 miles. 

I stuck around and watched some of the 5- and 8-mile race finishers. As I was watching them run to the finish, I thought - maybe next year.


The Cool Down Runner 


Comments

Popular Posts