WWC - Brew Dash 6k

 Saturday morning, I was back at the WWC to run their Brew Dash 6k event which would be the same course as their Thursday night River Jam 5k. And, yes, the 5k is long rather long. 

The 1/2 marathoners went off at 7:30. Lucky them or maybe unluck them as they were going to be out there a lot longer, and the day was only going to get warmer. 

The 6k and 12k events kicked off at 8:30. Several of us bounced positions around entering the wood before we finally settled into order. The guys that I was running with were not even 15 years old. I closed on them until we came out of the woods. They had more in the tank that my old, tired legs could match. 

Still, I had fun mixing it up. I finished 3rd overall and first in my age group. I ran 26:37 which was a few seconds faster than Thursday night. 

I am just reminded how much my leg turnover has slowed when I run with these guys. I guess that I need to work harder at getting some of it back.


The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts