Tent/Car Camping

One of the things that I like about many ultra races is the onsite camping option that these type of races often offer. Getting up and running is just the best in my opinion. I have been able to do this several times over the last few years. 

For the Mission trail race, I had planned for tent camping. Then, as the weather forecast become clearer, I was looking at a rather cold night in the tent. 

I tossed my tent in the SUV but when I got on site, I found myself shaking my head. I need my warmth so I figured that this was going to be car/SUV camping experience. 

As I think about it now, it worked out pretty well. I laid down the seats, and I made a nice bed with the materials that I planned to use with my tent. 

With plenty of room to stretch out, I settled in for the evening, relaxed, and  watched some shows that I had downloaded to my iPad from Netflix. 

It took a little while to drift off to sleep. I could others talking near by. Then, around 9:30 someone thought hovering their helicopter over my car was great idea. After about 15 to 20 minutes, roar of the chopper blades finally abated. 

The downside of tent camping on a cold night is rolling out the next morning to use a porta john. But once this is down, I was back in my car and made ready for the race. 

Then, after the race I tossed my folder chair and cooler back in my car so clean up easy.

Just the way that I like life - simple and easy. 

Cool Down Runner Adventures




 

Comments

Popular Posts