No more climbing needed

 I felt like I needed some climbing miles so I headed back to Crowders Mt for quad burning. However, this time instead of heading out Sparrow's parking lot, I started from the Linwood parking lot. This keeps me on the NC side of the park. Roughly, I get in about 22 miles by running all the way down to the Boulder parking lot and back. 

But let me just say, starting out from Linwood is rough. I left the parking lot, went a couple of hundred yards, and turned on the Backside trail. I was not yet warmed up but my quads screaming at me while my lungs are sucking in all of the surrounding air. I felt so much better once I took the hard right on the Crowders trail. Thou, I was pretty warmed up by then. 

In totally, I got a good 4k of climbing in 22 miles, and I got in my stair master workout climbing the rail road ties on the Ridge line trail. They never fail to disappoint or test me. 

While I was out there, I noticed that the trails were busier than ever. Even in the more remote sections, many were out walking and running. Makes me wonder if once we start to move beyond Covid, will we see a explosion of people entering racing events. Like myself they have all this pent-up training, and they will need some place to use it. 

Guess we share see,

Cool Down Runner's Adventures. 



Comments

Popular Posts