Cold & Rain 50k

Today, I had slotted for my February 50k long run. I thought about moving it after looking at the weather forecast for today or even this weekend. Then, as I thought about it more, I decided to just push forward with my plans. After all, I don't get to decide the weather on race day so why should I alter my plans for one of my workouts. 

Pushing through difficult conditions during a training run only adds to my experience for race day. 

Today, I learned that 32 degrees feels even colder when I am soaked than when I am dry. I pretty much knew this, but it was a good reminder. Otherwise, I had fun splashing through the puddles and mud for 31 miles. For the first 1/2 mile, I was doing my best to step around puddles, but there was no getting away from it. Both feet were quickly soaked However, once I accepted this, the rest of the run was a lot easier. Instead of attempting to go around puddles, I just went straight through them. Yeah, it doesn't sound right to me either but it does work. 

Hopefully, if you did your long run today, I hope that it went well. One of the guys I know was pacing a buddy in his attempt to qualify for Boston. Crossing my fingers, their run resulted in a Boston qualifier. 

Cool Down Runner Adventures





Comments

Popular Posts