Watching the distance grow

 So Tuesday, I was out doing my "tempo" run. Sadly to say my attempts at tempo runs are not what they use to be, but I still enjoy the feeling of the effort. 

Anyway, I had just finished climbing this hill and heading down a long straight stretch of open road. I glanced at my watch but I didn't really need it to know that I was working hard. About this time, I suddenly became of aware of someone running beside me. 

I look over, and I am like "hey". We quickly exchange comments about it being a good day for a run. Then, he pulls ahead of me. Not wanting to fall behind I try to quicken my pace. I didn't have much luck as over the next mile or so he put about 40 seconds or more on me. I watched as he rounded the bend in the road. This was the last that I saw of him. By the time that I rounded the turn, he was out of sight.

Yet, when I finish, I look at my watch. This was one of my fastest tempos this season. I have to give credit where credit is due. Having someone to chase even if they are disappearing in the distance gave me something to work toward. I look forward to the return of heads up racing. Hopefully, I will see more of it later this year. 

Cool Down Runner Adventures. 


Comments

Popular Posts