Charlotte 10 Miler - canceled for now

One of those disappointing emails arrived in my inbox yesterday. S2F was letting me know that the Meck Park and Recs Dept pulled their permit to hold the Charlotte 10 Miler on the greenway next week. They went on to say that the race was being canceled for now. There would be a virtual option, but they hoped to hold the event at a later day this year. If this indeed happens, I would still be able to run it. They would be transfer all of our entries to the race on the new date. 

Yeah, I know this is an insignificant thing compared with the real problems going on with the rest of the world, but honestly, I think we all need a little win in our lives to keep us going. 

Hard to believe before last year hearing about a race being canceled was the exception rather than the rule. Now, I am not convinced that the race is going to happen until I am standing at the starting line, and they tell us to go.

We would all do well to remember that each day is a gift, and we enjoy it to the most. None of us know tomorrow will hold. 

Cool Down Runner Adventures

Comments

Popular Posts