WWC - River Jam 5kish - Aug Edition

Storms rolled through Charlotte  on Thursday morning, This left the air super humid and the trails wet. Definitely, this was not the best combination for a trail race. 

Maybe this was the reason or maybe I was just not feeling it. Either way, at the start, I just fell in line with the other runners. Mentally, I was urging my legs to go faster but they just felt heavy and flat. I was just not able generate any real forward momentum. 

That's pretty much how it went for the entire race. I was a bit disappointed in myself. I felt like I should have been able to do better. I should have been able to run a harder. This day, my body wasn't having much of it. I finished 3r overall and 1st in my age group in a time of 26:26. 

Nothing more that I can do about it. As with all races, I think about it. Learn from it. Then, just move on. I find it better to focus on the future rather than agonize over the past. I cannot change the past but future has yet to be written so I have chance to shape it to my liking. 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts