WWC Tread Red, White, & Blue 5k

 I was back running the WWC's Tread Red, White, & Blue 5k. If you are not familiar with this race, the WWC guys have 3 races with 3 different courses all run pretty much at the same time. The color of you bib dictates which course that you will be doing. 

In my case, I was back doing the "White" race this year, and I was happy to have chosen it because this year "White" was running the Lake Loop. This was much better than last year when we were running "North Main". 

Of course, the weather was hot and humid, and storms were in the area, but luck was on our side. The storms just seem to separate and go around the WWC. Meaning we got some bone dry trails. 

With so much humidity in the air, breathing seemed harder and running even harder. I tried to ignore how hot I felt. There was not even a hint of a breeze. 

Two guys got out ahead of us. Young guy and I were about 40 yards behind them. We didn't seem to be losing any ground to them but neither were we making up any ground. Once in the woods, we pretty much stayed that way. 

I chased hard and hung on for 4th overall. When I finished, I looked like I had been in a down pour. 

Kudos to the WWC guys for keeping it interesting and giving us some different ways to compete on the trails. I like the out of the box thinking.

The Cool Down Runner 

Comments

Popular Posts