Food Truck 5k - Race #3

My paying job has been taking more time than I expected so my reporting on my non-paying hobby has taken a backseat. I am here tonight catching up. 

Honestly, I must have been out of my mind to consider racing on this day. It was just so hot. Sweat was running down my brow walking over to pick up my bib. This was just a few minutes after getting out of my nice cool car, and not in the nice looking way but rather the freezing cold way. 

Troy and Robert got out pretty fast, and they were working the hills really well. I was feeling rather sluggish, and I didn't really feel like trying to stay with them. I just focused on checking boxes as the race rolled along. After the turn around, I felt pretty sure that I had my spot locked in so I just focused on getting to the finish without worsening the feeling that the heat was extracting upon me. 

One thing every runner has to love about this course is the last hill before the finish. I am pretty sure that it feels very much like a vertical climb. The best part is that once I top the hill I can see the finish. Then, I just need to convince my legs to run a little harder for just a little longer. 

I finished 3 overall in 20:31. I happily gathered up another Mt. Rumble Tumble for my efforts. Really all the hard work is done by the race crew. While it is hard running it, it has to be even harder making it happen so kudos to them. 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts