Food Truck 5k Race #2

 Ironically, I spend more time driving to and from King Mt on a Friday evening than I do at the actual event. Traffic starts about Little Rock road, and it last until about Gastonia. About all I can do is set back, relax, and creep along at 15 mph.

Strangely enough, my race went about the same way. I felt really lethargic from the start. Granted, this was the hottest race that I have run this summer. I just couldn't get my legs to turn over. 

The race director changed the course so instead of coming out of the camp ground road and turning left, we turned right for maybe quarter mile and then we turned left on to a service road. I think that I liked the other way better. 

On this night, there were a few more young guys out, and I did my best to hang tough. I suffered more than I wanted. I finished 4th overall and 1st in my age group. 

I have two more races in this series. I have promised myself that after the last race, I am going to hit up one of the food trucks. After not eating all afternoon and racing, I am pretty hungry. The aroma from the food trucks is pretty enticing.  

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts