Brew Dash 6k

 Racing back to back races is tough. I headed home, cleaned up, ate dinner, and went right to bed. I had to be at the WWC the following morning for their Brew Dash. This year, I signed up for the 6k. The 6k course was pretty much the River Jam 5k. 

Both the 6 and 12 K races went off at the same time. I fell in line as we entered the South Main trail. I was holding my own until we got to the hill over by the Weigh Station trail. There my legs just fell apart. Several guys passed me, and I couldn't do anything about it. My leg just felt heavy and tired. I just did my best. I was happy to see several of these guys go straight for the 12 k. Only 1 guy turned left for the 6k. I went on to finish 2 overall and first in my age group. Better than I expected. 

For the awards, I got my 3rd of the 3 different types of WWC race hats. Hopefully, they get a few more styles. 

I am trying to get away from this back to back races but they seem to be popping up on my schedule through out the summer. I only have one more that I know about at the moment - crossing fingers. 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts