WWC River Jam - May '23 Edition

 With the start of the WWC River Jam series, summer has officially arrive. Nothing like music, food, drink, and trail dust to make for a great Thursday night. 

I had a great evening. Met some new runners. Met some runners that I have been racing around the last few weeks, and I saw some runners that I have not seen in several years. 

As for the race, they changes things up again this year. The 5k was back to the South Main loop but for the 10k, they put runners over on East Main. 

And, after several years to thinking about dropping down to the 5k, I did it this year. 

New this year is a bike race so they all went off at 6:30. Then, we followed. I had been standing around talking for 30 minutes which my legs didn't like. They had started to tighten up. Just another sign that I am getting older by the day. 

We rounded the channel and dropped down on to Sough Main. Down along the river, I felt a nice breeze. It was really nice. 

My breathing was labored and my quads were burning. 

I felt like I couldn't run any harder. 

Climbing the hill over by Weigh Station, I really wanted to walk up it. 

Then, my breathing started to settle down and my legs started feel better. 

I think that the blood finally got unclogged in them. 

When I came to the 5k/10K split, I had not issue turning left and heading for the finish line

It was strange to come back to finish area and see it empty. When running the 10k, the finish area always has a bunch of runners.

With this in the books, I am now looking forward to a busy summer of racing. I want to see what is in my legs. 

See you at the races,


The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts