Sundown Series 4ish Miles - May Edition

 I went down to visit the Rock Hill guys and run their Wed. night Sundown Series race. I knew it was going to be tough Not just course because Ann Spring can always throw some technical trails at a runner but from the fact that I hadn't done any hard running in a month. 

I guess that we have all been lucky lately. May has been anything but hot. In fact, with the wind whipping across the field, I was kind of cold starting at the starting line. 

We went off a few minutes late but all was good. This was a new course which I had not run before. Troy took off like a bolt a lightening. He was soon out of sight. This left a couple of us to battle it out for 2nd and 3rd in 30:35. 

Coming out of the woods, I got passed for 2nd. I could not hold off his young legs as we sprinted across the open field. 

Really enjoyed getting in this race. Mid week races are always nice since we can substitute them for speed work. 

Now, I am already looking forward to getting back there next month. 

Adventures from the Trail

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts