Davidson Turkey Trott 5k

I was back on roads for the first time in several years. Instead of looking watching out for roots and rocks, I was trying to maneuver around 5 to 12 year old kids. 

This was kind of a last minute thing. I had some free time on Thursday morning so thought why not get in a 5k. This would make the morning interesting. 

Darkness still covered the town of Davidson when I parked my car. After a bit of searching, I found the packet pickup. Then, I was off to warm up on the course. I might be wrong, but the course seemed very similar to a course that I run about 10 years ago. 

At 8 AM, everyone pushed off from the starting line. Oh, my legs were not happy. They were didn't want to run this hard. After short climb, we headed downhill for the next mile. Then course rolled for the next mile, and finished with a steady climb back up to the finish. 

I was two miles in before I started to feel a good rhythm. I had a strong push to the finish in 20:04. I finished 18 overall, and 2nd in my age group. 

Thinking about it, I kind of want more road races on my schedule in '23. 

But back to the race, the crew that put on this race did great job. Everything went smoothly, and by 9:45 everyone was pretty much headed for their turkey dinner. I must say that I was. 

As side note, I think that I will put this one back on my list for next year. 

Hope everyone out there is enjoy some quality family time. Life is short so don't waste a second of it. 

The Cool Down Runner 

Comments

Popular Posts