Didn't feel good but didn't feel bad either

 As the days count down to my next 100 miler - just two weeks away - I was out running 20 miles on the trails this morning. Despite the heavy rains overnight and the chance of more rain and some strong winds, the trails were in relatively good shape. 

Trouble was, I wasn't feeling good but on the same note, I wasn't feeling bad either. I felt like I am just in this funk state where my legs were turning over moreover because I am making them than because they wanted it. Of course, maybe this is a good thing. Better this is occurring now than during my 100 miler.

As I thought about it more, maybe this is just my brain's way of preparing me for the coming effort. In the back of my mind, I somehow feel that I need to converse my energy now so I have this capitol to spend later. I certainly hope this is the case. 

In 2 more weeks, I will find out. 

Wish me luck,

Cool Down Runner  



Comments

Popular Posts