Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - Fluid Nutrition.

 One of the struggles that I have talked about before here is drinking the same taste fluids hour after hour. I get to the point where I just cannot stomach the taste in my mouth. Just give me some plain no taste water. 

This is really hard for me. I am huge fan of Tailwind usually Mango flavored. It has helped carry me through many of an ultra. I, however, have just come to realize that varying the taste is a necessity. 

So for this 100, I decided on doing a rotation of flavors. I decided to used Gatorade and Tailwind. For Gatorade, I used fierce Orange and Grape. With Tailwind, I decided to keep the Mango but also added Berri. 

I had my crew give it to me in this order. Gatorade - Orange, Tailwind - Berri, Gatorade - Grape, and finally, Tailwind - mango. 

This constant changing of flavors every hour or so really did the trick. I was able to keep drinking which as we all know is of major importance during an ultra. 

Wanted to share this note because I am sure there are others like me that struggle with having the same taste the entire day. 

Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts