We Believe 5k

 This morning I ran the "We Believe" 5k at the WWC. I was surprised at how warm it was. The race started at 10 AM. Still, who expects the temperature to be in upper 60s and humid. 

Thomas created a new race course which took in some fire roads, part of South Main, and part of Lake Loop. I am excited to see that he is starting to add some imagination to his course design. I was looking at their up coming New Years races. I see the same type of out of the box thinking. 

As for me, I ran 24:21 to finish 4th overall and first in my age group. My legs did not have any pop in them. Not that I expected them. I was trying to work the downhills hard and flats hard. The uphills were the toughest. I just didn't have the strength in my legs to push up them. Afterwards, I tried doing a 3 mile cool down and my legs absolutely toast. 

Today, they returned to the mass start and race day awards. Even more exciting, they had over 500 runners signed up. I particularly like the fact that they have a human/dog division. Some of the dogs seemed to be more excited about running than their humans. 

I hope to run next year, and my legs not feel like toast. 

Best Holiday Wishes, 

Cool Down Runner



Comments

Popular Posts