4 x Tower Trail

Running 3 times to the top of Crowders did not quite fill my need for climbing but 4 times definitely did. 

I was back at Crowders running the Tower Trail again. This time, I added an extra repeat. This time, my legs took the pain of suffering up the climb for one more to see the view from the top. Although, they were not happy about it. 

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I hoped that these repeats would help build my stamina to a level that will carry to me to the top of White Top next month. I kept reminding myself that during the race the grade will be nowhere near as difficult as this. If I can manage this, I can mange that climb. 

Of course, there is still the fact that these repeats don't have 50 miles of running prior but I try to push away that thought as minor detail. Although, I know it isn't. It is a huge detail, and one that will play a huge role in my race. 

For now, I will continue to follow my plan and let race tell me whether I made good decisions or not. 


Cool Down Runner Adventures


 

Comments

Popular Posts