Tower Trail Fun

 This morning, I was back running repeats on Tower Trail at Crowders Mt. If I remember correctly, this is my forth week of running repeats in the last five weeks. I am starting to see some familiar faces on this trail.

In one instance, I noticed these two guys running to the top. Each was holding the end of a string so I am guessing one of them has a vision disability. I only talked to them for a brief second. Definitely, we didn't talk long enough understand their dynamic. 

Then, there is this guy that walks to the top but flies down the trail. Now, he isn't leisurely up the trail. He is working pretty hard. Once he turns around though, he heads down as if he doesn't have any brakes at all. I don't even try to stay with him. 

There are numerous couples and families making their way to top. Often, I see them stopping along the way to rest.

This morning, I was heading up shortly at eight am, and I came across a mother, her son, and their dog. The boy sees me coming, and he proudly steps out and says "hello". I smiled at him, and said "hello" back to him. He was hard not to spot with his bright yellow shirt. I watched their progress as they climb to the to top and back during during my repeats. 

I saved this one for the last because at the time that it occurred, I was trying to laugh but on the inside. I was just summiting Crowders for the first time when I came across these two runners. They were bent over hands on knees trying to suck in all of the available oxygen in the surrounding area. They looked like they had had rough run to the top. As far as I know, they only made trip to the top. I guess that one trip was enough for them. I will have to keep my eye for them next week. 

I never realized how many people actually utilize this trail but I rather like it. They keep it interesting. They keep me entertained during my run. 

Although, I feel self-conscious when they start asking my how many trips that I have made to the top. One guy told me that I must have the strong lungs on earth. Not even close my friend. Not even close. 

Cool Down Runner Adventures 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts