WWW Labor Day 5k

 Saturday morning arrived warm and humid, so in a way, I glad that I had opted for the 5k over the 15k race at the WWC's Labor Day event. 

Both races started at the same but split around 100 yards or so into the course. We headed for the DogLeg loop. To those familiar with the WWC, this was out ring that was created once they put in the dog park. 

A larger group of younger runners went out faster than I expected, so I got bogged down while getting past them. By the time that I had weave my way through them, the lead pack was gone up the trail. I settled in at this point and ran hard but steady over the rest of the course. 

I was definitely feeling the heat as well. Sweat was dripping off of me, and the air was comfortably quiet. 

But at least I was in the shade. So, I didn't have much if any directly sun light. 

I finished 7th overall and 1st in the 61+ age group. 

Props to the WWC race crew. They have been adding some new resources, and their training appears to be going well. Packet pickup was flawless for me. The race started on time, and the awards started 1 hour after the race. Just what I like - get in, getter down, and get out. That way, I have the rest of my day to get into trouble doing other stuff. 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts