Pirate 5k

 I ran the Pirate 5k in Lincoltn, NC today. The hot and humid morning cut into my performance. I only manage to run 20:07. One where I was dripping with sweat despite going super easy for my warmup. 

As for the race, many of the local high school runners come out for this race. This makes for an exciting and fast first mile. Personally, I just like the fact that the 1st mile is slightly downhill. However, the payback is real. We have gentle climb back up to the top. 

The second half of the race is similar to the first half, but with one drawback. Now, body is battling on two fronts: one attempting to cool my very overheated body and the other being to carry away the lactic acid that has built up in my legs. I was losing on both fronts. 

This race does pack on the perks. They have apples, oranges, sports drinks, and water. They also gave out finisher medals. The age groups were 10-year age groups. 

Their shirt was one of my favorites. I guess I just like their pirate logo. 

If you ever get a chance to run their race, I do recommend it. 


The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts