WWC Shot in the Dark 5k Recap

 I am running a little behind with my holiday racing summaries. Going back to the 11.17.23, I ran the WWC Shot in the Dark race. I dropped down to the 5k this year. 

I was trying to remember, but I think the race had an earlier starting time this year i.e. 6 pm. Anyway, after getting in a warmup, I headed for the starting line. 

Both the 5k and 10k runners started at the same time. Jake, who was running in the 5k as well, took off at the start. Before we were halfway down the hill, he was already making the corner. 

I got into the woods by behind 4 guys. I had to pick my way by them once we got down along the river. Once the course flattens out and opens up a bit, I can make some moves. 

As I said, Jake was gone. I think I only saw his head lam once. He was coming off Salom when I was entering it. 

They have reworked the trail again along beside their upcoming dog park. On the bright side, the South Main trail is getting longer and harder. 

I finished in 23:30 for 2nd place overall. I got a nice WWC Race Series mug for winning my age group. All in all, this was a very well-run race. As I walked back to my car, I could look toward the south and see lots of headlamps streaming toward the finish. I took a video because I thought that it was really cool to see. 


The Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts