We Believe 5k

 I am behind on my post. A few weeks ago, I ran the We Believe 5k at the WWC. The trails were a sloppy mess from all the rain. Going across the parking lot everyone was enjoying the grip from the gravel but once we turned on to the Lake Loop, they were slipping and sliding. It was kind of funny to watch from behind. I was enjoying it. Given I had my Hoka Speed Goats. Even on a muddy trail, they gave me plenty of good grip. I was working my way around runners all of the first mile. 

I ended up placing 3rd overall. More so due to me knowing the trails and wearing the appropriate footwear. 

The WWC guys did make a couple of changes to their age group awards. In the past, they used a 5 year age break down but now they are using 10 year brackets. But the brackets are strange. They go from like 21 to 30, 31 to 40, etc. While I have seen this before, it is atypical. Also, they added a 60+ age bracket. Previously, they just did a 55+ group. As I understand it, this will be the pattern for all their races going forward. 

As for me, I am winding my through these last days of '22. My thoughts have already started to plan out '23. Hoping it will be an awesome year. 


Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts