WWC River Jam - May Edition

A sure sign that life continues to return to normal was the number people out for the WWC River Jam event. Years past, I always took this event for granted. No more. I savored the people, the music, and the opportunity to do some trail racing. The past year has made me rethink a lot things that I never gave a second thought in the past. 

My timing was exactly perfect. I was late getting to the starting line so there were already lots of runners on the course. I probably used up more than my allotment of excuse me, pardon me, on your left, or on your right. In a few instances, I had to tap a few runners on the shoulder because they were lost in the music streaming from their ear buds. 

While I could feel the heat from the sun out in the open, once I dropped on to the trail, the temperature dropped significantly. This race was a runner's dream for conditions. 

I crossed the finish line out of breath and exhausted. I looked down at my Garmin to see how I did. I ran 45:51. That's pretty good for me. I am not getting any younger, and it is getting harder and harder to keep up with these guys. 

I highly recommend coming out to one of these events. They occur the 2nd Thursday though September. Afterward, it is a good place to relax, grab a bite, and listen to some music. I know where I will likely be. How about you. 


Cool Down Runner Adventures


 



Comments

Popular Posts