What to blog about?

I had this really good topic that I wanted to blog about but then decided against it because of the number of people that it might offend or just the number of people that were involved in the original conversation might not like me sharing those conversations.

So for the first time in a while, I am left without too much to say.

The legs are slowly bouncing back from Disney. The miles are easy and the downtime is really good. No pressure to run long or run hard. No events on the horizon

How long has it been since I have been in this mode. Thinking back, the last time was probably 2009.

Before I started all this marathon stuff, my season usually ended in November and I would not race again until March of the next year. I spend the holiday season just letting the legs churn through the easy miles and the use the cold January and February mornings to harden the mind, heart, and legs again.

This is something that I really need to get back to doing. Living the south lends itself too easily to year around racing. And if left to my own accord, I would be racing every weekend and twice on Saturday whenever possible.

That's why tomorrow morning; I will be churning through the cold air and just putting one front in front of another. Isn't that what running is all about anyway?


 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner


 

Comments

Popular Posts