Slow recovery from my marathon

 I love how leading up to a big race, I typically feel really good. I am bouncing around eager to get things done. Then, in just a few short hours, my body is a full 180. Each step seems painful.

Yet, I am now a few days removed from my New South Marathon. My shoulder is still sore but my most of my abrasions are healing quite nicely. 

Strangely, I found that my calves and ankles were the most sore. In fact, they were more sore than after any of my 100 milers. I can only attribute this to having to run on the muddy trails. At a certain point, the traction just gave way. I guess doing that enough will make anyone sore. 

I got the rest of the month to heal up before tackling the Tuckfest events, but that's for another post. For now, I just want to heal up and get back on the trails. 

Later,

The Cool Down Runner 

Comments

Popular Posts