Dash 3-2-1 5k Recap

 I headed down to south Charlotte for the Dash 3-2-1 5k. When I rolled in to the parking, there seemed to be a lot people already there. I wasn't sure why. I walked over to the registration tent and picked up my bib. Innocently, I asked about the race start time. They said that it was in 20 minutes. 

Wait, what - 20 minutes. I remember looking at the race info last night, and it said 9:30. At least, that's what I thought it said. 

But no time to worry about such details. I had to get ready and fast. 

I changed clothes and pulled out my racing flats. I got about 15 minutes of easy running in the parking, and they called us to the starting line. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew this was going to hurt even more than usual. 

They gave us a "DASH" command, and we were off. 

The first mile was slightly uphill, and my lack of a warm up had me suffering. We rounded from the main road back in to a development. Here' we had a gentle downhill and flat sections. I started feel better as my body was finally warming up. The last mile, I felt good and pushed all the way to the finish. My Garmin had me checking in at 19:10 which good for me. My goal is to get under 19 minutes this year. I got some seconds to go but I think the goal is insight. 

After I got home, I looked up their website again. I did miss read it. There was a fun run at 9:30 AM. Just happy that I decided to leave a little early.

By the way, they were giving out the cup cakes afterward. They were good. Wish I knew what bakery that they used.

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts