Frigid 10k & 5K @ WWC

 Yes, you read the title right. I foolishly decided to run both races. The 10k started at 9 AM, and the 5k started at 5K at 10 AM. Yeah, that's not a lot of time to work with. 

I finish the 10k in a shade over 50 minutes. I literally turned and ran back to car to change bibs and head to the 5k start which was in a different location. I don't think my heart got a chance to slow down. I know my legs didn't. 

Still, it was fun. 

During the 5k, my legs are little heavy so I am further back in to the pack as we ran around the channel. We hit the trails, and it became one long conga line. I am picking off other runners at every opportunity. There was a lot of sprinting, slowing down, going around, and picking it up again. The 5k was much harder. 

I was surprised by the trails. They were muddy in spots, and I did do my fair share of slipping and sliding. I expected them to be even worse when we did the 5k but they weren't the were pretty much the same. This is tribute the WWC maintenance crew. They do a pretty good job maintaining the trails. 

Lastly, I didn't skip the dip in to the pool. I did this a couple of years ago. My shoulders still shake with a cold chill every time that I think about it.  

I am on to the Charlotte 10 miler next weekend. 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts