CRC Trail Race at the WWC

 Officially, I missed the CRC Trail Race @ the WWC this year. Not that I couldn't do it but it just didn't fit with my plans. I have big race coming up so I opted to save the hurt for it. 

That didn't stop me from dropping in to the back of the race and running along. I thought that I would be chatting it up but truth be told, there wasn't much conversation going on. Most everyone was working as hard at they could to get through the race. The rain this past week didn't help. The course was plenty muddy and then it was pretty chewed from the runners. I saw several hit the dirt. 

One change that I noticed. In past years, the last 4 miles was run on East Main, and it is run backward to the way that it is used on an every day basis. This year, they switched it and ran everyone in the normal direction. Personally, I like this because I am so use to running in this direction. I literally don't think about it. I can just run on autopilot. 

Hopefully, I can put this back on my calendar for next year. 

The Cool Down Runner 

Comments

Popular Posts