Facemask

 Now, that races are on the rise again, we are seeing race directors requiring runners to wear a face mask at  the starting line, at aid stations, and at the finish line. Given how Covid continues to spread, I understand this and am happy to abide by it. This is especially true if I am getting a chance to race. 

The question is what to do with my face mask in between those times. Some race directors are allowing the use of neck gaiters, but I am not a fan this option for two reasons. One, I don't really like wearing something around my neck. Even something that's loose bothers me. Second, I have watched a number of demonstrations using neck gaiters and most don't seem to do much in the way protection like typical face mask does. Therefore, I think having the typical face mask is the much better option. 

So now, what do I do with it? Well, in my case, I went searching through my shorts, and I found a couple of pair that have this nice little pocket. When I start running, I can pull it off and stow it quickly. When I need it or finish, I can pull it back out and put it on. I have used this method in my races since November, and it works reasonable well. I have even tried this with the throwaway face mask and it works. Now, the jury is still out if I come back soaked in sweat will these paper masks still be in tacked. I guess that I will see in a few more months. 

Hopefully, the vaccines continue to rollout and this becomes less of an issue. But for now, we have to do what we can to stay safe while enjoying our favorite activities.

Stay safe my friends,  

Cool Down Runner Adventures   

Comments

Popular Posts