Backing to my routine

So after spending a week enjoying some much needed downtime, and downtime, I might add that left me with a mere 30 miles for the entire week, I am now attempting to get back to my normal routine.

I find it fascinating that how in just a few days, my body quickly welcomes the slower pace and fewer miles. When I attempted to return to my normal routine, I am left wondering if climbing Everest would be easier.

On Monday, I needed to run and then spend some time at the Y. The run I finished, but the Y, well, let's just say that I found more than a few excuses to skip it. Among them was the nice little rain shower that moved across Charlotte at the appointed hour of my Y visit.

By Wednesday, I had pushed all thoughts of missing my Y visit and made the trek. Once in the door and going through my circuit, I felt better and was glad that I pushed through the desire to skip it.

Now, all have to worry about is shaking off the extra pounds that I accumulated last week. They will come off quickly enough. None of them will last long if I don't let myself being talked out of my workouts.

Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts