The Day After.


So I rolled out of bed this morning and wasn't too much the worse for the ware for running a marathon yesterday. My ribs are tender. Feels like I got hit with a bat and not one of those foam ones either. Doesn't seem like anything is broken, however. I can do pretty anything. Unlike the last time that I broke some ribs, the next 6 to 8 weeks were pretty tough on me. My right knee will likely sport a nice scare for a long time to come.

Otherwise, I have to say. Everything else seems to be functioning normally. I ran 10 miles this morning and felt pretty good doing it. Unlike most of my road marathons where running the following day can be major struggle.

Not sure if it is the slower pace or it is the soft surface or perhaps, it is the fact that every stride is a bit different. Whatever the reason, I definitely prefer this feeling.

If you were out racing this past week, here's hoping your recovery is going equally well.

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts