Charlotte Marathon – Expo Day


 

One of my favorite volunteer efforts to do for the Charlotte Running Club is to work the Charlotte Marathon Expo. Every runner that wonders by our booth wants to talk running. I mean – what could be better?

Friday started with me rolling in to Hall C of the convention center around 8:30 AM. After a few minutes of searching, I found our booth and quickly went to work setting things up.

Ryan came by around 9 AM and helped me finish things up. Then, all there was to do was hangout, pass out our pacer shirts, and talk running for the next 12 hours. John hung out with me so did Jason. Gurmit came over to drop off our pace bands.

By the way, the pace bands were a great idea and a huge hit, guys. Runners loved them.

After 6, I was solo but hey, maybe that’s the best part because I didn’t have to share the attention with anyone. LOL.

As the clock began to approach 9 PM, I took my raspy voice and loaded up our stuff to head home. Race morning came early for me. I had to be back at the BB&T Stadium to meet up with our pacers by 6:30 AM.
Big thanks to DC and Tim for allowing our Charlotte Running Club to have part in making our town's Charlotte Marathon a huge success. You guys rock.

 

Living the Dream

 

The Cool Down Runner

 

Comments

Popular Posts