Performance Therapy – Quad Pain/Soreness

Yesterday morning, I emailed the Mike Danenberg from Performance Therapy. I was hoping that he could fit me into his busy schedule either yesterday or today. Luckily for me, he was able to work me into his schedule yesterday.

I dropped by his office around 3:30 and was back talking with him by 3:45. He asked me what was the problem, and I described what had happened and where the pain was.

He had me lie down on his table, shifted me from side to side, and he ask me to flex my right leg. He then started applying pressure on my quad and had me flexing my knee between each cycle of pressure.

After the treatment he asked me to walk around his office. My quad felt looser than it had in days.

He gave me several packets of Traumeel to rub on my quad over the next few days. He said there is enough in each packet to apply it 3 times a day.

So this morning, I ran 8 miles. My quad was still stiff, but nothing like Wednesday.

Before the run, I applied BioFreeze to my quad. After the workout, I immediately applied ice. Later in the morning, after letting the quad return to a normal temperature, I applied the Traumeel. Around noon, I applied heat. I continued alternating ice, heat, and Traumeel during the afternoon.

Also I am frequently getting out of my chair and stretching my quad. Setting long periods of time, my quad tends to tighten up so keeping it stretched out really helps.

Getting up and moving is a good thing in general, not just because of my injury.

Definitely, I should move around more and set less while I am on these long conference calls.

As for tomorrow, I am planning to do 16. Keep your fingers crossed.

I keep everyone posted


 

Tales from a quad injured runner


 

Comments

Popular Posts