8 x 1200m Hill Repeat

Yesterday, I did yet another tough workout - 8 x 1200m hill repeats.

I have been searching for a nice long hill to run. I was out riding my bike over by the new 485 section last week when I noticed that the the highway construction crew had constructed this road parallel to the US-21.

The road runs for about 3/4 mile in length. The grade starts at about 3% and works up to 11% by the end. Best of all, the road is all dirt.

I drove over and parked about a mile from the hill. I used this mile to the hill to warm up.

I ran each of the repeats between 4:40 and 4:27. Which I think, is very good for me.

By the time that I finished this workout, I was exhausted. The hill was tough enough but something that I hadn't figured into the workout was the wind. I am not sure how this worked out but the wind was blowing into my face with each repeat. Rather than getting frustrated by it, I focused on using it to push harder.

Sometimes you have to turn negative aspects of training into a positive aspects.

Comments

Popular Posts