Heading Uptown

One of the great things about a long run is there doesn’t need to be a known course. Strap on a Garmin, head out the door, and let the road be your guide.

I like nothing better than to push beyond the boundaries of my normal run courses.

Nothing exemplified this better than my long run yesterday.

To get a sense of my route, here are the turns on it:

·         Out my door and by Northlake Mall

·         Left on Harris Blvd to Mt. Holly/Huntersville Rd.

·         Left on Mt. Holly/Huntersville Rd to Beatties Ford Rd

·         Left on Beatties Ford to Trade

·         Left on Trade into the Uptown.

·         Left at Tryon

·         Followed a side street back to Graham

·         Right on Graham – under Brookeshire

·         Left on Statesville to Harris Blvd

·         Left on Harris Blvd back to my house.

 According to my 620, this was a 23 mile run which I covered in just over 2 hours and 55 minutes – solo effort.

There were a few places where I had to stop for the traffic lights but overall, it wasn’t bad at all.

When a long run is on your schedule, take the opportunity to go exploring. You might find that the run goes better that you expected.

The Cool Down Runner

 

 

  

 

Comments

Popular Posts