Trail running at its best

This morning Justin, Stan, Jinnie, Mike, Megan, Ben, and Meagan were out running at the Sherman Branch with me or I was running with them. It is all about perspective.

Anyway, after some trail running last year, I had pretty much put any and all trail running on hold so today was my first time back tackling the dirt, rocks, and roots.

Mike led us out and kept the pace quick but smooth. Let's just say that I was pretty tired by the time that we returned to the parking lot some 12 miles later. But the run was fun and it was good to have the shade of the trees to keep the rays of the sun at bay as well as great conversation.

As side from my body dripping with sweat there was this buck fly that chased me for about 8 miles. He was insisting upon flying right around my head. I kept wishing that he would fly off and pester someone else.

Oh by the way, before I forget Jinnie was walking Roxie on the trail, but she (not sure – correct me if I am wrong Stan and Jinnie) got loose from her leash and came chasing after us.

She's a dog that loves the trails that's for sure.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts