Recovery Time

48 hours have now passed since the OBX marathon. The pain and soreness are in full effect. The bends in my elbows sting from holding them in one position for far too long. My trapezoids are stiff. Then, pretty much everything from the waist down hurts. The Glutz are stiff. My quads don't really like it when I try to bend down. Both ankles and feet are sore and well, the blisters are the blisters. They hurt.

Basically, my body is pretty unhappy with my brain for what I put it through on Sunday morning.

I remember reading a quote from Lance Armstrong. It went something like this "you can only go deep into your reserves a few times during a year". I have a feeling that I have exceed all of my reserve capacity for this year.

This brings me to another saying "You are only as young as you feel". Mentally, I am pretty sure that I feel 25. However, my body is absolutely certain that it knows that I am 45.

I guess wishful thinking crossed with a healthy dose of reality creates the uniqueness that we all seek in life.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Stephen Spada said…
Profound post Bill! Recover well...

Popular Posts