First Ride on the new Bike


The first ride went well on the new bike. I have sorted out most of the issues and the only remaining issue appears to be with the front derailleur. For whatever reason, I cannot get the darn thing to change over to the large cog. I have adjusted, changed, moved about everything that I with my limited knowledge can try to do.

I guess, I will break down and get a knowledgeable bike mechanic to do it. You might ask why I didn't do that in the first place. Well, you do have a good point, but I like to figure things out for myself. Since my name is not Lance Armstrong I don't have a bike mechanic following me on my rides so if something breaks, I need to understand how it works and repair if only temporarily. Besides, I find it interesting to work on my bike. It is kind of like guys who work on their cars.

Comments

Popular Posts